Monday, September 15, 2008

Here's to you sis...




Ok, so here I am, officially entering the world of blogging. Thanks Diana for getting me here. I guess I better add my own words and get it going. Well, we had a crazy week getting things ready for Garrett's blessing. All this for a 2 minute event. It was great. Diana came up Wed and stayed with us. It was so much fun. Lance took the kids to Lagoon Saturday and Riley went to a Cougars game, so it was me, Diana and the two babes. We... finally... got things out to hang on the walls and now it feels like home. Then for Baby G's big day. We blessed Garrett in the same outfit Lance was blessed in. Fortunately we didn't wait too much longer as he was filling it out pretty well. We arrived to the church and took up 4 center rows of seats, just for our families. It's great to have such supportive families. We also have such a great ward...we never could have imagined the impact so many ward members have had on our lives. Lance was nervous, but the blessing was great. Devan, doing his deacon duties, was able to hold the mike and fortunately we were able to hear Lance over Garrett's crying:) After church we all went to the house and had food, of course. It was great to be able to cram so many people in and have them share in Garrett's special day. It all went without a hitch. The food was great, thanks to the family catering:), the company was great. I wish Jill would have been able to come and bring the boys, but we at least called and talked with her for a bit. I feel so very blessed to be able to have these special occasions and to be able to share them with family and friends.
Thanks again sis, for getting me started on this adventure. I promise I will try to keep it updated.....

2 comments:

The Small Bevell Bunch said...

Oh I'm so excited about this! I finally get to see pictures of my niece and nephews more often.. that is if you keep your end of the deal :) I'm glad everything went well this weekend, thanks baby G for being blessed and bringing our family together! We had a lot of fun staying and spending so much time with you guys! I already miss you! Your turn to come to vegas though!
Love ya

caseyjwatts said...

Hey, welcome to this side of the world, now I get to keep in better contact with you. Hope to see more pictures soon. I haven't seen you or the kids since Blake's blessing and that was for a brief moment anyways. Love you tons

Jill and kids